Wright House

D&GLW

The David and Gladys Wright House is a 2,500 square foot concrete block house designed and built by world-renowned architect Frank Lloyd Wright for his son David and daughter-in-law Gladys in 1950.

Regarded as one of Wright’s late career masterpieces, the unusual suburban house in the Arcadia neighborhood of Phoenix was home to David and Gladys until their deaths in 1997 and 2008 respectively.

Purchased in 2012 by Zach Rawling on behalf of The David and Gladys Wright House Foundation, the owners are currently seeking Historic Preservation-Landmark designation from the City of Phoenix.

In 2015, Seidman was commissioned to provide independent and objective insights into the economic impact of 16 architecturally significant homes in the United States that are open to public visitation.  The properties studied included Fallingwater, Farnsworth, Oak Park Home and Studio, Robie House, and Taliesin West.

Presented as a series of case studies, the report examined value proposition/positioning; financial models; visitor profiles; estimated impacts on neighborhood property values; and the importance of each home to the economic and social well-being of their communities.