The Seidman Research Institute serves as a link between the local, national, and international business communities and the W. P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University.
Established in 1985 to serve as a center for applied business research alongside a consultancy resource for the Arizona business community, we collect, analyze and disseminate information about local economies, benchmark industry practices, and identify emerging business research issues that affect productivity and competitiveness.
With distinguished faculty from the W. P. Carey School of Business, a staff of experienced economists and marketers, and tools that support sophisticated statistical modeling and computer-based planning, we are proud to offer public and private sector clients throughout the Southwest region both consulting and forecasting services.
Our economic research and business consulting services are diverse in terms of style, focus, and target audience.
Offering the most extensive range of economic modeling in the State of Arizona, we can produce REMI, IMPLAN and CGE impact analyses at a national, state, county or zip-code level for single- and multi-year time horizons.
As taxation specialists, we can model all types of tax amendments and investments – from the local effects of cuts in state-funding for a healthcare program, through to an estimate of the transaction sales gap, or a tobacco luxury tax revenue forecast.
Visionary leaders in business development, we can identify and evaluate innovative new opportunities for start-ups, or assess the future growth potential of established industry sectors.
A one-stop shop for the design, implementation and analysis of all forms of qualitative and quantitative research, our experienced marketers can develop all types of surveys, moderate customer focus groups, or carry out stakeholder depth interviews.
With businesses increasingly seeking innovative new revenue streams, we can also employ state-of-the-art proprietary metrics to value the naming rights potential of your stadium, conference center, transportation service, or municipal facility.
In 2015 and 2016, we have undertaken sale of service consultancy and research for:
- AMR/Envision Healthcare
- Arizona Commerce Authority
- Arizona Department of Health Services
- Arizona Department of Mines and Mineral Resources
- Arizona Diamondbacks
- Arizona Public Service (APS)
- Banner Health
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Phoenix
- The City of Phoenix
- CopperPoint Mutual Insurance
- David & Gladys Wright House Foundation
- Dignity Health
- Downtown Tempe Authority
- Environmental Defense Fund
- EPCOR Water
- Excelsior Mining
- Fiesta and Cactus Bowls
- First Things First
- Freeport McMoRan
- Intel Corporation
- NCAA College Bowl Championship
- NFL/AZ Super Bowl Host Committee
- The Pakis Foundation
- Phoenix Convention Center
- Phoenix Philanthropy Group
- Protect the Flows
- Republic Waste Services
- Salt River Project (SRP)
- Tenet Healthcare
- Wells Fargo
- Yavapai County Jail District
Data Analysis & Forecasting
We also have a long and proud history producing objective, independent data analysis and forecasting at a local and national level. Current long-standing examples include:
- Western Blue Chip Economic Forecast
- Job Growth USA
- Greater Phoenix Blue Chip Forecast
- Revenue forecasts for the Governor’s Office of Strategic Planning and Budgeting
- Unemployment insurance forecasting for the Arizona Department of Economic Security